Last updated on March 8th, 2022 at 05:29 am
In IELTS Speaking Part-2 Describe a skill that you learned from older people cue card topic, you will answer the following questions:
- What the skill is?
- Who you learned it from?
- How you learned it?
- And how you feel about it?
Also, Describe a skill that you learned from older people Follow-up questions could be:
- What can children learn from their parents?
- What knowledge can children learn from their grandparents?
- Do you think it is important to win the game or follow the rules?
- Sometimes people should tell lies. Do you agree?
NOTE – You have one minute to think about what you are going to say, then you’ll have to talk about the topic for 1-2 minutes. A paper and a pencil will be given so we advise you to make some relevant pointers on the topic.
Let’s dive into the Sample answers and Follow up questions of Describe a skill that you learned from older people IELTS cue card:
Model Answer 1
Learning is a continuous and never-ending process. So today, I would take this opportunity to talk about a skill that I learned from a special member of my family.
What the skill is? & Who you learned it from?
The skill that I’ve learned is Time Management. I learned it from my mother. She is a master of organising things according to time.
How you learned it?
A few years ago, I posed the same topic to motivational speakers and read blogs and articles to learn more about time management. Some advised creating a timetable, while others advised learning the skill of good time management, and so on. But then my mother told me to read Robin Sharma’s book, “The 5 AM Club.” It changed the course of my life.
I paid close attention to every detail in the book (such as task scheduling and prioritisation, reducing distractions, and so on), and as a result, I was quickly named “The Best Employee of the Month.”
Moreover, I observed my mother for the whole week to understand how she is so good at managing everything. I found she makes a To-do list every morning to complete all daily chores on time.
How you feel about it?
I feel ecstatic about the fact that I have now mastered Time Management. Observing my mother and understanding her thought process helped me become organised about scheduling different activities. I also think that if we learn to manage time, half of our problems will be solved. Initially, it might be difficult to get hold of it but once learned its applications are endless.
In the end, I would say that I am so lucky to have a mother who is my idol. Whatever I am in the current stage of my life; I owe it to my mom.
Find the latest Cue Cards here: IELTS Speaking Cue Cards (Jan-Apr 2022) ↗
Model Answer 2
- Recycling, reuse, and repurposing things is a skill I’ve picked up.
- This is a skill I acquired from my tremendously amazing grandmother.
- I grew up in a single-parent household with both parents working full-time jobs.
- During the summer, I used to spend two months with my grandparents every year.
- My grandmother would reuse and recycle things in her house in ingenious ways.
- She would never throw away old garments, preferring to sew small pieces together to create curtains, blankets, pillowcases, tablecloths, and other items.
- Gradma would reuse glass jars to store spices, tea, grains, lentils, and other items.
- She cleaned windows with newspaper and cleaned pots and pans with aluminium foil.
- Also, she used old, broken furniture drawers as planters. She made do with leftover fruit and vegetable leftovers.
- She used to keep me occupied with crafts like transforming old card boxes into amusing toys, automobiles, and robots.
- I learnt most of what I know from watching her and assisting her with some of her repurposing efforts.
- Then, began to implement her ideas at home as well, and it became a habit as I grew older.
- I am so grateful to my grandmother for passing on these essential talents to me.
- In today’s world, it’s critical to reduce, reuse, and recycle waste.
- Our landfills are quickly filling up, and recycling is one way to cut down on the quantity of waste that ends up there.
- Global warming and plastic waste have taken their toll on the earth, and people must act now to prevent more damage.
Following are the IELTS Speaking Part-3 follow up questions that could be asked in Describe a skill that you learned from older people cue card:
1. What can children learn from their parents?
Young children learn by watching their parents; they are their role models, especially in the early years. Guardians can demonstrate crucial life examples to children simply by acting appropriately. Regarding others, working hard, having an inspirational perspective, following healthy eating habits, saving money, and assisting the poor are just a few life lessons that children can learn from their parents.
2. What knowledge can children learn from their grandparents?
Grandparents have a wealth of knowledge that they like passing on to their grandchildren. From now on, children can learn about the set of experiences and experiences that make up childhood in completely unexpected ways. Individual grandmother stories are far more interesting than books when it comes to learning about history. Children can also learn practical skills such as sewing, weaving, gardening, and baking, which most parents are either unaware of or unwilling to teach.
3. What kind of help do you think older people need?
- Assistance with little things such as clothing, grocery shopping, housekeeping etc.
- Having caring family members nearby to keep them from feeling lonely is also beneficial.
- Assist with learning new technologies such as cell phones.
- For older people to stay fit, they require good nutrition and high-quality meals.
- They need regular doctor appointments and tests to check that everything is in order with their health.
- Assist with transportation if they are unable to drive themselves.
4. What skills can young people learn from older people?
Individuals with more experience have been involved for longer periods of time and have witnessed both success and failure. They can provide vital life examples for children. For instance, figure out how to appreciate the worth in good situations while also daring to tackle the bad ones. They may find that family is most important and that devoting a few minutes to friends and family is essential. Seniors may teach them the importance of saving money for emergencies and retirement.
|Model Answers 2: Follow ups|
|What can children learn from their parents?|
Youngsters learn by noticing their folks, they are their good examples particularly during early years. Guardians can show youngsters significant life illustrations just by displaying appropriate conduct. Regarding others, buckling down, inspirational perspective, practicing good eating habits, setting aside cash, helping the penniless are a few life examples youngsters can gain from their folks.
What knowledge can children learn from their grandparents?
Grandparents have long periods of astuteness that they love to impart to their grandchildren. Kids can learn regarding the set of experiences and experiencing childhood in occasions entirely unexpected from now. It is considerably more intriguing to find out with regards to history from individual grandparent stories than books.
Youngsters can likewise acquire reasonable abilities like sewing, weaving, cultivating, baking which guardians these days either don’t have a clue or are too occupied to even consider instructing.
What kind of help do you think older people need?
1) Help with errands like clothing, shopping for food, house keeping, and so on
2) Having caring family around so they don’t feel desolate is additionally useful
3) Help with learning new advances like cell phones
4) Older individuals need great sustenance and quality suppers to remain fit
5) Regular specialist visits and tests to ensure all is well with their wellbeing
6) Help with transportation assuming that they can’t drive themselves
What skills can young people learn from older people?
More seasoned individuals have long periods of involvement and have seen both achievement and disappointments. Youngsters can gain significant life illustrations from them. For example, they can figure out how to see the value in the happy occasions and dare to confront the terrible occasions.
They can discover that family matters the most and setting aside a few minutes for friends and family is vital. Seniors can show them the significance of setting aside cash for crises and for their retirement.
Find the latest Topics here: IELTS Speaking Part-1 Topics (Jan-Apr 2022)↗
Join our IELTS community: Subscribe our Youtube channel ▷
OTHER LATEST CUE CARDS YOU MAY LIKE:
- Describe a foreign person who you have heard/known that you think is interesting IELTS Cue Card ↗
- Describe a businessman you admire IELTS Cue Card ↗
- Describe a good service you received IELTS Cue Card ↗
- Describe a place you visited on vacation IELTS Cue Card ↗
- Describe a bicycle/motorcycle/car trip you would like to go on IELTS Cue Card ↗
Describe a skill that you learned from older people IELTS Cue Card
‘Describe a skill that you learned from older people’ IELTS cue card (2022) with Band 8+ sample answer & Follow up questions.
I hope it gives you a realistic idea on how to carry conversation around this topic. However, it is strongly advised not to reproduce the same answer during examination, as it may be used by many of our readers on the site. You should rather reformulate and personalize your answer.
If you still have any doubts, post them in the comments.
ALL THE BEST !