[7+] Describe a person you follow on social media IELTS Cue-Card
Last updated on April 13th, 2023 at 10:48 am
In Describe a person you follow on social media IELTS cue card (2022), you will answer the following questions:
- Who he/she is?
- How do you know him/her?
- What he/she posts on social media?
- Explain why you follow him/her on social media?
Model Answer 1
I follow a lot of influential people on social media sites. But there’s one person in my twitter list who I admire for his sense of humour.
Who he/she is?
He is none other than Mr Elon Musk. He is the CEO of Tesla, founder and CEO of rocket company SpaceX. Mr Musk also heads the brain-chip start-up Neuralink.
How do you know him/her?
- I am an avid follower of his social media posts.
- But actually, I first learned about him from the film ‘Iron Man.’ In fact, the movie’s main character, Tony Stark, played by Robert Downey Jr., is based on Elon Musk’s life.
- Then, to learn more about him, I also read his biography.
- His entrepreneurial spirit and desire to make a difference in the world made his entire life so impressive.
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk has often shocked and surprised his followers on social media with his quirky tweets.
- Since Twitter was founded he has written the equivalent of 10 books of tweets or 12,500+ Tweets.
- His social media posts varies from universal basic income and Coronavirus to memes and video games.
- He is also a vocal proponent of Cryptocurrency usage.
- I follow Elon Musk not because he is one of the most successful and innovative entrepreneurs in history, but he’s also most public about his life.
- Whereas most top executives has a PR team to handle social media accounts, Musk do it all by himself.
- I just love him for his banter and his tweets.
In the end, I would just tell you that the billionaire’s antics may be over-the-top, but there are still nuggets of leadership wisdom to be learned.
Model Answer 2
- On social media, I follow a number of accounts that post about topics that interest me, such as interior design, yoga, and art.
- Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is one of the accounts I follow on social media.
- He is the host of popular TV show Khana Khazana – the longest running show of its kind in Asia.
- I’ve never been interested in cooking because I prefer to eat outside or food prepared by my mother.
- Rice, Maggi, tea, instant precooked meals, and so on were the only things I could make on my own.
- I was unable to go out during this time and began to crave restaurant dishes.
- I began looking for recipes to make those dishes at home on the internet.
- I came across a video for making Grilled Kebab on YouTube.
- It’s one of my favourite dishes, and I used to make it at least once a week. The video was brief (approximately 7 minutes), but it clearly explained the process.
- The presentation and background music were both excellent.
- I followed the recipe exactly as mentioned. It was even better than my favourite restaurant in terms of flavour.
- When my parents tasted it, they were blown away by the fact that it was homemade and that I had made it.
- I became enthralled and began to subscribe to his YouTube channel. I even started following him on social media sites like Facebook and Instagram.
- After doing some research, I discovered that he was the food producer for the fourth season of Master Chef India, and that he collaborated with great chefs such as Vikas Khanna.
- On his social media accounts, he posts a lot of recipes, and I’ve tried a lot of them.
- He also goes live on his accounts from time to time, interacting with his followers and cooking live.
- His posts are mostly about food, but he occasionally mentions his family, parents, wife, and team.
- I follow him not only because of his recipes, but also because he strikes me as a very humble person.
Follow-up Questions (9 Bands)
- What can people do on social media?
- Do you think older people and younger people will use the same kind of social media software?
- Do older people spend much time on social media?
- Are non-social media like television and newspapers still useful?
People can follow famous celebrities, fashion brands, politicians and scientists on social media. Sites like Facebook and Twitter enable the users to learn and get inspiration from social influencers. Also, people can share their photos with their friends and family using social networks.
Yes, with the expansion of internet, almost everyone uses the same kind of social media tools. Older adults use social media to connect to already-established offline relationships, whereas younger adults are always on a friend finding streak.
Older users primarily use social media for distraction and entertainment – passing the time when bored. Unlike Millennials and younger generations, they still prefer face-to-face interactions. So they spend less time on social media sites.
Many people still rely on television and newspapers because of their trustworthiness. While social media is a better platform for the distribution of news – it is cheaper, faster, and has a wider reach, television and newspapers are stronger for the creation of news content; it is where the majority of news stories are originated, well-researched, and published.
Follow-up Questions (7 Bands)
Q) What can people do on social media?
Ans) Individuals can utilize web-based media to stay in contact with loved ones. Individuals can likewise follow VIPs and see what’s happening in their lives. Individuals can even search for vocation potential open doors on online media. Entrepreneurs can publicize their items and increment their deals through friendly media. Individuals can post recordings about their abilities like moving, singing, and so on via web-based media. Individuals can track down new companions and interface with similar individuals via web-based media. Individuals can learn new abilities like cooking, planting, craftsmanship via online media.
Q) Do you think older people and younger people will use the same kind of social media software?
Ans) No, more youthful individuals lean toward the more up to date Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat stages. These are new applications, also their short popular recordings are extremely famous among youth. More youthful individuals quickly adjust to these new applications, use them for a couple of years, and afterward may move to a novel, new thing next though more established individuals are still predominantly utilizing Facebook, youtube and WhatsApp, and the list goes on.
Q) Do older people spend much time on social media?
Ans) More established individuals have begun to utilize more online media however chiefly for staying in contact with family and companions. Their youngsters are occupied with their families and occupations and there is less up close and personal communication nowadays. They can get desolate, so they mostly use it for taking a break when they are exhausted.
Q) Are non-social media like television and newspapers still useful?
Ans) It is actually the case that the notoriety of non-web-based media like TV and paper has declined a little yet they are still exceptionally helpful. Many individuals on the planet don’t have web access and depend on TV and papers for news. The more established age likewise favours this type of media. Additionally, TV and paper are significantly more dependable than web-based media where anybody can post anything. There is a great deal of phony news via web-based media that weak individuals will generally accept.
I hope it gives you some realistic idea on how to carry a conversation around Describe a person you follow on social media IELTS Cue card topic. However, it is strongly advised not to reproduce the same answer during a speaking examination, as it may be used by many of our readers on the site. You should rather reformulate and personalise your answer.
If you still have any doubts, post them in the comments.
ALL THE BEST !