In Describe an item of clothing that someone gave you IELTS cue card (2022), you will answer the following questions:
- What the clothing was?
- Who gave it to you?
- When you got it?
- Explain why this person gave you the clothing?
Model Answer 1
Introducing an item of clothing
I am an avid shopper. I like to buy clothing items for me and my family every other day. So today, I’d love to describe a piece of clothing that was given to me on my 21st birthday.
What the clothing was? & Who gave it to you?
It was a T-shirt gifted by my closest friend, Nidhi. I was ecstatic about the gift as well as my friend’s thoughtful gesture. I thanked her profusely after obtaining the professionally printed T-shirt.
When you got it?
I got the item on my birthday. I normally receive gifts, the majority of which come from my family. So, when Nidhi, who rarely offers gifts to others, came to our home just a few days before my birthday, I was delighted to see her. The excitement was amplified when she presented me with a stunning t-shirt that she had chosen for me from a reputable store.
Explain why this person gave you the clothing?
The thought of giving a T-shirt occurred to her because she was aware of my love for personalised clothing. Although the T-shirt she gave me was just a piece of apparel yet it was significant as a gesture of my friend’s gratitude and affection. Nidhi is a kind and considerate individual, and I rejoice in our friendship.
Concluding the cue card
In the end, I would just tell you that the item of clothing turned out to be one of the finest gifts I’ve ever received.
Model Answer 2
- We all give and receive gifts on events throughout our lives.
- In my daily life, I’ve also received numerous gifts, some of which were clothes items.
- I’d like to talk about a traditional outfit that my mother bought me as a birthday present.
- It’s a container green suit with bright red weaving.
- It also comes with a multi-hued take that has a beautiful trim on all sides.
- It’s encrusted with gleaming globules.
- It has a really traditional ethnic flavour to it.
- It’s a particularly appealing suit.
- Crinkled silk is used for the stole.
- She got me a matching frill as well as a stunning beaded tote to go with it.
- When I wear the outfit, I always wear my traditional Punjabi shoes, which match the suit perfectly.
- When I wear that suit, everyone compliments me, and it makes me feel great.
- In the end, my auntie teaches cooking classes as a leisure pastime in Chandigarh.
- During my vacations, I stayed with her and assisted her.
- With my help, she could be able to accommodate a larger number of understudies.
- She offered me money, but I declined because I had not assisted her for money.
- So she bought me this pricey suit for my birthday.
- I adore the suit and have worn it to various occasions.
Follow-ups Questions (9 Bands)
- What kinds of clothes do people wear after work?
- What kind of clothes should people wear at work?
- Do you think students need to wear school uniforms?
- Where do Indian people buy clothes?
1. What kinds of clothes do people wear after work?
People usually wear their favourite cardigan, jeans, a neutral shirt or pair of pants after job hours. Adding beautiful accessories to your attire, such as earrings, scarves, and necklaces is another easy way to appear stylish after work.
2. What kind of clothes should people wear at work?
Employees are expected to present themselves professionally. For males, this means tailored suits and ties, while for ladies, it means a pantsuit or skirt suit with conservative accessories and shoes. For instance, women should wear a suit or skirt, top, and jacket while males wear suits and ties with more patterns and colours.
3. Do you think students need to wear school uniforms?
Wearing a uniform minimises absenteeism, encourages students to attend school, pay attention in class, and instils discipline, equality, and excellent behaviour. Most significantly, it develops presentation skills in the students, allowing them to speak with confidence and providing a sense of purpose and motivation.
4. Where do Indian people buy clothes?
Indians like to buy clothing at supermarkets and retail shops. In addition, the majority of people choose to do online shopping due to enticing discounts on different variety of clothes. People who are not fond of internet shopping prefer to shop at local markets.
Follow-up Questions (7 Bands)
Q) What kinds of clothes do people wear after work?
Ans) People wear agreeable and easygoing garments after work because as a rule at work, individuals have to wear garbs or formal garments. When individuals return home, they like to unwind and need to be more relaxed.
Q) What kind of clothes should people wear at work?
Ans) At work people should wear appropriate and formal garments. At certain working environments, outfits are required, which gives them a personality and fosters a feeling of discipline. It likewise relies upon the kind of work individuals do. In the event that somebody is filling in as an exercise centre educator, the individual can’t wear formal garments to work. They need to wear sports wear.
Q) Do you think students need to wear school uniforms?
Ans) Indeed, I think students need to wear school dresses, as they go about as social levellers/balancers. Garbs give a personality to the understudies and teach a feeling of discipline among understudies. Garbs are additionally really great for the school’s security, as though any reprobates enter the school, they can be effortlessly spotted.
Q) Where do Indian people buy clothes?
Ans) Indian individuals purchase garments from shops and stores in the nearby business sectors and in shopping centres. There are some limited scale stores and shops that are run from home, from where individuals search for garments. Likewise, internet shopping is extremely well known in India. There are numerous famous shopping sites, similar to Amazon, Flipkart, Snap deal, etc, from where individuals purchase garments.
I hope it gives you some realistic idea on how to carry a conversation around Describe an item of clothing that someone gave you IELTS Cue card topic. However, it is strongly advised not to reproduce the same answer during a speaking examination, as it may be used by many of our readers on the site. You should rather reformulate and personalise your answer.
If you still have any doubts, post them in the comments.
ALL THE BEST !