[7+] Describe something that helps you concentrate IELTS Cue-Card
Last updated on December 14th, 2022 at 12:28 pm
In Describe something that helps you concentrate Cue Card, you should say:
- What it is?
- When do you do it?
- How did you learn about it?
- How does it help you concentrate?
Here are the band 7+ sample answers to Describe something that helps you concentrate IELTS Speaking Cue Card:
Sample Answer 1
Introducing something that helps you concentrate
- If you’ve ever struggled to complete a difficult assignment at work, studied for a critical exam, or worked on a difficult project, you may have wished you could improve your ability to concentrate.
- So today I’d love to talk about something magical that helps me concentrate on everyday tasks.
What it is?
- Well, Meditation is the cure to all my concentration woes.
- I feel more relaxed and can handle life situations in a much better way thanks to Meditation.
When do you do it?
- Since the mind is quiet and fresh in the morning, I prefer to meditate in the wee hours of the day.
- It was difficult initially and I was more likely to doze off in the early hours. But eventually, things get settled down.
- I started seeing signs of improvement in concentration through calm and productive brain exercises.
- Instead of avoiding distractions, I began eliminating them.
How did you learn about it?
- My sister Ridhima is a Yoga Therapist, Teacher, and Wellness Coach and has conducted yoga therapy, workshops, retreats and events across India.
- She first enlightened me about the health benefits of meditation.
- She created a non-judgmental and light-hearted environment at home and taught me how to build concentration through meditation.
How does it help you concentrate?
- One of the great benefits of meditation is the ability to see things clearly.
- For me, 30 minutes of a good meditation is equivalent to at least 2 hours of sleep.
- The clarity of mind helps me connect with the divine, supreme power – God, higher self or whatever you may call it.
- Moreover, meditation drops my stress level and creates new cells and rewires neuron paths in the brain.
- When you start meditating, your focus and concentration level will be considerably improved and you can complete the work being entrusted effortlessly without being distracted.
Concluding the Cue Card
- In the end, I would just like to say that meditation does improve focus and concentration, and those who meditate and see no changes must be doing it wrong.
- With a little self-discipline, we can relax our mind and body by adopting some rather simple, and yet different powerful behaviours in our life.
Sample Answer 2
Life has grown chronically busy as a result of scientific and technological breakthroughs, and it appears that there is too much to do and too little time. Concentrating on something and doing it perfectly has thus become a difficult task.
And I’m not an exception. I’ve done everything to help me focus. I occasionally take a 5-minute power nap and occasionally meditate. So, in this section, I’d want to discuss a strategy I attempted to boost my concentration, and it resulted in a miraculous improvement in my concentration levels.
So every day, I go for a fast walk at the park adjacent to my house. Brisk walking is a type of cardiovascular activity that releases endorphins in your body, which makes you feel good and allows you to concentrate better when you are relaxed. My sister is a medical student, and she informed me of its advantages.
Finally, I’d like to mention that fast walking helps me concentrate.
Following are the probable Describe something that helps you concentrate follow up questions that may be asked by the examiner in Speaking Part-3 of the test:
1. Is it important for children to learn how to concentrate?
Unquestionably, it is quintessential for children to learn about concentration and its value. To teach them how to concentrate, parents can deliver the instructions in small steps, which works better than giving long-winded explanations, guilt-tripping, or yelling. For example, instead of telling your child to clean their room, it might be better to say, “First, pick up all your blocks, and then I’ll come back and tell you what you need to do next.” Sometimes even illustrating a routine on paper and posting it on the wall can serve as a good visual reminder.
Yes, attention is a crucial talent that is necessary in many phases of life, such as tests and jobs. As a result, children should practise concentrating fully on their assignments. When someone lacks concentration, it is difficult for them to understand what is being spoken.
2. What can employers do to help employees concentrate?
Getting employees to stay focused during the workday can prove challenging. Firstly, employers can set a clear end goal that can help employees avoid distractions and stay focused. Secondly, offering staff quality tools and equipment can help them carry out their responsibilities efficiently and with 100% concentration. Last but not least, in many instances, employees get distracted and lose focus because they require a break. So employers should offer flexible breaks that can help their employees relax and refocus.
Employers can assist their employees in concentrating in a variety of ways. For starters, they can give them a quiet workplace environment. They can also create meditation camps for their employees and educate them on how to concentrate.
3. What kinds of jobs require higher concentration at work?
I believe all jobs require a certain level of concentration. The jobs that require the most thinking are those that have to do with science, technology, engineering, and math. For instance, Accountant, engineer, network analyst, computer programmer, lab assistant etc.
I believe that doctors, particularly surgeons, demand a high level of concentration at work. Other vocations, such as drivers, require constant attention to traffic.
4. Have you ever felt difficult to concentrate?
Once there was a wedding in our neighbourhood on the day before my exam. So I had a hard time concentrating on my studies due to loud banging music.
Yes, it is sometimes tough for me to concentrate. The reasons can be internal or external. Internal variables such as stress disrupt sleep and make it difficult to concentrate. In terms of external variables, loud noises might lead people to lose concentration.
5. What kinds of distractions bother you in life?
There are two kinds of interruptions and distractions that disrupt my productivity in daily life: those I can’t control and those I can. Emails, phone calls, audio and vibrating alerts, text messages, social media, news websites, and the internet, for example, are among the distractions I can control.
There are numerous distractions that effect me. The most significant is my smartphone, which continually buzzes and diverts my focus away from my studies. Then, every now and then, my friends invite me out, and as a result, I waste valuable study time.
I hope it gives you some realistic idea on how to carry a conversation around Describe something that helps you concentrate IELTS Cue card topic. However, it is strongly advised not to reproduce the same answer during the exam, as it may be used by many of our readers on the site. You should rather reformulate and personalise your answer.
If you still have any doubts, post them in the comments.
ALL THE BEST!