In Describe something that saves your time Cue Card, you should say:
- What is it?
- When do you usually do it?
- Why do you do it?
- Explain how you think it saves your time?
Here are the band 9 sample answers to Describe something that saves your time IELTS Speaking Cue Card:
Sample Answer 1
Introducing something that saves your time
- There are thousands of piddling, trivial things anyone can do to save time. For me, Time management has been a burden for years.
- So today, I would love to talk about an activity that helps me save a lot of my time.
What is it?
- The activity that I’m referring to, is Meditation. It has been a real saviour in many ways.
- Although I had a schedule in place for each day, there was something that slows me down and left me begging for more time at the end of the day.
- So on the advice of my younger sister who is an experienced lawyer and a yoga trainer, I started practicing meditation.
When do you usually do it?
- I usually meditate in the early morning hours at a park next to my house.
Why do you do it?
- I used to procrastinate a lot. Procrastinating by making excuses made me delay the task and then I felt guilty later on.
- Moreover, too much worrying when there’s nothing to worry about wasting my time.
- And one day my sister visited us and told me how I can improve my life by meditation. I started doing it since then.
Explain how you think it saves your time?
- Truth be told, time management is not difficult, especially when you meditate.
- A few minutes of meditation helps me to remain focused and calm. The result is that I am now able to concentrate better and work efficiently. As a result, my contribution to the workplace becomes more significant.
- A lot of my time is sometimes wasted without even realising it. Meditation returns the mind to the present moment and lets me focus on things at hand.
- Meditation increases my awareness and skills. As a result, I make fewer mistakes and save the time which otherwise spent in rectifying them.
Concluding the Cue Card
- It’s amazing how after I started meditating, my mind doesn’t feel so tired now.
- My day starts at 6 in the morning and even at the night at 11, it doesn’t seem like a long day.
- I am high on energy and I could still do more.
Sample Answer 2
Time is the most valuable commodity in life. Time assists us in developing the habit of arranging and organising our everyday activities. You can gain experience and improve talents through time if you appreciate the value of time better.
As I’ve gotten older, I’ve come to appreciate the value of time more and more. I’ve realised that if I don’t keep track of my time, I won’t be able to meet my personal and professional obligations. As a result, I do a variety of things to save time, but one activity that saves me a significant amount of time is taking a power nap whenever I am restless.
I began doing this two years ago after reading an article on a fitness site about the health benefits of a power nap. It saves me time while also refreshing me. My mind is calm and my body is lighter after a nap.
I used to struggle with time management. But now I merely take 5-10 minutes out of my schedule to snooze so that I don’t run out of time later on. As a result of this strategy, I was able to complete my assignment more quickly.
I can concentrate better when there are no distractions. I save a lot of time by taking power naps.
The probable Describe something that saves your time follow up questions that may be asked by the examiner in Speaking Part-3 of the test will be updated soon.
I hope it gives you some realistic idea on how to carry a conversation around Describe something that saves your time IELTS Cue card topic. However, it is strongly advised not to reproduce the same answer during the exam, as it may be used by many of our readers on the site. You should rather reformulate and personalise your answer.
If you still have any doubts, post them in the comments.
ALL THE BEST !