|☑️ What it is?|
☑️ What you need to prepare?
☑️ How easy or difficult it is?
☑️ Explain why you want to try it?
NOTE – You have one minute to think about what you are going to say, then you’ll have to talk about the topic for one-to-two minutes. A paper and a pencil will be given so that you can make some notes if you wish.
For easier understanding, I have divided Describe a leisure activity near/on the sea that you want to try IELTS Cue Card into three parts– Introduction, Questions, and Conclusion.
Introducing a leisure activity near the sea
Any activity that we perform along the coastline has amazing experience. I have been part of number of leisure activities on the sea since childhood.
What it is?
But today, I’d take this opportunity to talk about my recent favourite – the Beach Volleyball, which I definitely want to try in the days ahead. It is a game that gives nail-biting excitement to the viewers.
What you need to prepare?
People often love to play this game on the beach and the game in itself is so mind-blowing that it is popular all over the world. All that you need to do is learn a few rules and you are ready to play this fun game with your friends. Apart from basic knowledge some tricks are quite helpful to play the game well.
How easy or difficult it is?
Honestly speaking! The Beach Volleyball, like every other team sport, demands team effort to maximize the fun. Besides, Beach volleyball is played on sand where movements will become slower and vertical jump height will become shorter.
Sand can be difficult to move on, which can cause you to become tired more easily. So, it’s not as easy as it looks.
Also Read: Describe a river or lake in your country
Explain why you want to try it?
Actually Beach Volleyball has been on my bucket list for quite a while now. I wanted to try it because I believe it’s a chance to take a break from monotony of life and introduce myself to the calmness of beach. Moreover, I am an ardent spectator of the game and spend hours watching game plays on Television.
Concluding the cue card
In the end I’d just say that.. If you are living an ordinary downtown life but feeling like you want to get out of there and be less ordinary, then leisure activities near or on the sea are worth trying.
• I prefer mountains to beaches.
• However, I am really keen on trying on some water sports.
• Recently my friend went to Goa and he enjoyed many water activities.
• However, he told me his favourite among them was canoeing.
• He actually made a video and it looked really fun.
• It is not a very common sport in India but one of beaches in South Goa offers it.
• However, not many people go there because there is no road connectivity to the beach.
• Canoeing involves paddling a canoe with a single bladed paddle.
• It is an ancient form of transportation but nowadays it is mainly a recreational activity.
• It requires a person to be fit as it is very demanding physically.
• And that’s another reason why many people don’t for it.
• But preparation wise it’s just like riding a bicycle.
• It takes some time getting used to how to balance and direct the canoe, but once a person gets hang of it, it’s very easy.
• Also, it can be dangerous if the waves are high, so not all beach locations are suitable for it.
• Besides canoeing, my friend tried a lot of other water sports but his enthusiasm about canoeing was uncontrollable.
• In fact, after coming back from Goa, all he talked about was canoeing and how he could not wait to go back and do it.
• His passion also got me interested.
• Then, I searched some more about it on the internet and I also felt like trying it.
• We both planned to go there in winter of 2020, because the summers in Goa are very hot.
• But due to lockdown we had to postpone our plans.
• Now, we are both waiting for the vaccination process to be over, so that we can go there.
Also Read: Describe an activity you do to keep fit
Also Read: Describe something that helps you concentrate
Following are the probable set of IELTS Speaking Part-3 follow up questions that could be asked in Describe a leisure activity near/on the sea that you want to try cue card:
What are the advantages and disadvantages of vacations on the seaside?
The best part of vacations on the seaside is that there’s plenty to do at the beach such as gathering shellfish at high tide,: yachting, sand yachting, sea kayaking and much, much more!
The only drawback of seaside holidays is the expensive living cost that may cut holes in your pocket.
Also Read: Describe an introvert person whom you know
Why do children like the sea better than adults?
I think children prefer sea because for them, the sea is a real natural laboratory: slowly they become acquainted with water, they experience different tactile sensations, and they try new things with sand & water.
What types of job positions can be found on or near the sea?
There are many careers available in different industries that allow you to work on or near the ocean such as Lifeguard, Marine biologist, Commercial diver, Ship captain, Geoscientist, Ecologist etc.
Also Read: Describe something that saves your time
FREE STUDY MATERIAL TO ACHIEVE BAND 7+ IN IELTS:
I hope it gives you some realistic idea on how to carry a conversation around Describe a leisure activity near/on the sea that you want to try IELTS Cue card topic. However, it is strongly advised not to reproduce the same answer during the exam, as it may be used by many of our readers on the site. You should rather reformulate and personalise your answer.
If you still have any doubts, post them in the comments.
ALL THE BEST !