In Describe an introvert person whom you know Cue Card, you should say:
- Who the person is?
- How well do you know him/her?
- What makes him/her introverted?
- Explain how you feel about this person?
Here are the band 7+ sample answers to Describe an introvert person whom you know IELTS Speaking Cue Card:
Sample Answer 1
Introducing an introvert person
- Introvert persons are known to be quiet and self-contained people.
- They’d rather have 2 really close friends than 10-15 casual friends or acquaintances.
- So today, I would like to talk about one such introvert person who I know since childhood.
Who the person is?
- He is my closest friend, Rohan.
- We studied in the same school and now working in the same company.
- He lives next door. So you could imagine the kind of time we spend together.
How well do you know him/her?
- As I said, we are friends since childhood; I know him pretty well.
- Rohan is someone who prefers calm, minimally stimulating environments.
- His lack of chitchat is often misinterpreted. People take it as a sign that he doesn’t like others. Whereas, it’s far from being true.
- Personally, I think that like other introverts, Rohan may take a little too long to formulate his thoughts before sharing them — especially in fast-paced business settings.
What makes him/her introverted?
- He feels more comfortable focusing on his inner thoughts and ideas, rather than what’s happening externally. As such, he enjoys spending time with just a few people, rather than in large groups or crowds.
- He’s a brilliant observant. Most introverts have a “superpower”: their observation skills. Rohan notices things others might not notice because they’re talking and processing out loud.
- Rohan remains silent most of the time and absorbs the information that’s being presented and thinks critically.
- So, these are some things that make him an introvert.
Explain how you feel about this person?
- With Rohan, I feel a strong sense of emotional intimacy. I think meaningful conversations are the most important aspects of true friendship — even if we don’t see or talk to each other daily.
- I strongly differ with the public opinion who often criticize him for not attempting to make more friends, and often view him as lacking social skills.
- We must understand that there are different dynamics of introvert/extrovert friendships.
Concluding the Cue Card
- In the end, I would just like to say that being an introvert is perfectly normal. Right now, there’s an introvert revolution going on.
- Slowly, our extroverted world is learning to understand and accept the introvert’s way.
- But in order to do that, we first need to better understand what introversion is — and what it’s not.
Sample Answer 2
Personally, I think of myself as an extrovert. I enjoy spending time with talkers. One of my best friends, on the other hand, is an introvert. Jitesh is his name. Except for myself, he rarely speaks to anyone. It is only when I insist that it happens.
We must persuade him to come out. But when he does come out, he is not boring; we like his company. He is an optimistic person who prefers to enjoy the moment rather than whine or complain. I’ve never seen him stressed or discussing his concerns.
His interests include reading books and newspapers, playing online games such as chess, and watching television shows. Although most of his favoured pursuits are indoors, he stays active by going for a morning run.
He dislikes conversing with strangers. He is trapped inside himself. His responses have been as simple as yes and no. However, I feel that introverts can make amazing relationships if people push themselves to reach out and connect in the beginning.
In conclusion, I would say that he is an extremely brilliant introvert whom I know.
The probable Describe an introvert person whom you know follow up questions that may be asked by the examiner in Speaking Part-3 of the test will be updated soon.
I hope it gives you some realistic idea on how to carry a conversation around Describe an introvert person whom you know IELTS Cue card topic. However, it is strongly advised not to reproduce the same answer during the exam, as it may be used by many of our readers on the site. You should rather reformulate and personalize your answer.
If you still have any doubts, post them in the comments.
ALL THE BEST !