IELTS Speaking Part-2: Describe a time when you organized a happy event successfully cue card and follow-up with band 7-9 answers
You should say:
- What the event was?
- How you prepared for it?
- Who helped you to organize it?
- Explain why you think it was a successful event?
9 Band Answer
Let’s dive into the ‘Describe a time when you organized a happy event successfully’ IELTS Cue card (2022) with Band 7-9 sample answers & Follow up questions:
Introducing a happy event
Whether organizing a small meeting or orchestrating a large conference, event planning is a huge task. So today, I would love to describe a happy event that I organised last year.
What the event was?
- The event was Holi which is also called the festival of colours in India.
- While for some, Holi is an event that they dread for the wild play of colours, yet for most others, it is a celebration of happiness they keenly look forward to.
- It is revered and celebrated with utmost joy and enthusiasm by the people in my society.
- Since 2020 was a year full of apprehensions and fear, we undertook every piece of caution to make it successfully last year.
How you prepared for it?
I prepared a checklist to ensure everything goes smoothly:
- Created a list of guests to be invited for the happy event
- Finalised the venue and Food items
- Sent out invitations printed in cool colours
- Fixed a dress code. Holi is the most colourful festival. You can never go wrong with a traditional white outfit.
- Arranged organic and herbal colours and ditched the chemicals.
- Prepared a Holi playlist because no happy event is ever complete without music.
Who helped you to organize it?
- I admit that it’s not an easy ball game to organize a full-scale event successfully. So, I was helped by my childhood friends in making necessary arrangements. They were even more enthusiastic than me about organizing that event.
- They didn’t only help me in streamlining things, but also made sure that the party activities could go well.
- One of them played the DJ and I was given the responsibility to host the event.
- I was indeed grateful to my teammates as they helped me do it successfully.
Explain why you think it was a successful event?
- After the event, I recorded in a journal what people liked and didn’t like. Most people responded positively about the party so this made me believe that the event was successful.
- People appreciated the fun games like musical chairs and balloon filling.
- So all of us truly enjoyed the event in its real spirit with friends and dear ones.
Concluding the cue card
In the end, I would say that be it a Holi party, a birthday bash or a corporate event, it’s never easy to ensure that everything goes perfectly. But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t go about the happy pain of planning one. I believe organising an event adds a little fun and frolic to our otherwise monotonous life.
8 Band Answer
- Even though I never consider myself as a successful event organizer, but I love to plan those things.
- Here today, I consider at least one successful event that I would love to talk about.
- On Jan 26th last year, it was my Dad’s 55th birthday and I needed to accomplish something particularly amazing for him.
- Since, because of the COVID, there were restrictions on public gathering. So we were all cooped up inside our homes.
- I ran my wildest imagination and came with an idea of online party event.
- I asked my brother for guidance on how we can make it unique and happy.
- We live in a joint family so we asked every member in the family to record messages for my dad.
- One of my sibling recorded a dance performance, and uncle composed a wonderful song. My grandfather wrote poetry in Punjabi.
- Subsequently, we consolidated everything into a cinematic video.
- Then, we prepared digital invitation cards and sent them to all of our relatives.
- It was difficult however to remind them to stay quiet about the event. After all, it was a surprise.
- There was another difficulty on the grounds that some of our family members live in a different time zone.
- So we needed to pick a date and time accessible to everyone.
- My father is a big fan of Butterscotch cake, and my brother helped me arrange that.
- Then, on the birthday, we coordinated an extraordinary social event on Skype for the family.
- And when everybody joined the Skype, I handed over the telephone to my father. He was stunned to see all the family on one video call.
- Then, he happily cut the cake, and we played the video we prepared for the event.
- My father had tears of joy in his eyes. All things considered, I feel that the plan was well executed so the event was successful.
- Nonetheless, others let me know it was such magnificently coordinated and it was so thoughtful of gathering everybody on the web.
- Indeed, even after the video was finished, everybody remained on the call and we continued to talk till the first flush of morning.
7 Band Answer
|I love happy events especially the ones where I get a chance to organise them. Recently, I had to organise the farewell party for my seniors at the school here in India and it was the most successful happy event I had organized. The members at the occasion profoundly applauded it and everybody was glad about the entire event. |
The party took place at the school auditorium. Earlier, we planned to go outside the school and celebrate the farewell, however, later one of our teachers proposed to orchestrate it in our school. Following his directions, we changed the arrangement and shifted the venue.
The event was particularly successful because: All of my seniors were present in the party and enjoyed it until the end. The school Principal gave a short talk and wished them good luck for the future.
Also Read: Describe an ambition that you have not achieved IELTS Cue-Card
Follow-up (9 Band)
IELTS Speaking Part-3 Describe a time when you organized a happy event successfully follow up questions:
1. How can parents help children to be organized?
Parents can help children break school projects or household activities into smaller, more organized tasks. This will ensure that each task stays manageable from beginning till the end, which can make projects feel less overwhelming. Moreover, Parents can create a regular schedule that can help kids learn what to expect throughout the day.
2. On what occasions do people need to be organized?
People generally need to show organizational skills in Scheduling daily office activities, Planning time for grocery shopping and cooking and Showing up for regular health check-ups.
3. Does everything need to be well prepared?
Everything should be well organized because decluttering can do more good than we realize. For example, Preparing things in advance reduce stress and increase productivity which in turn make us feel happier and more relaxed during the activity. Disorganisation can wreak havoc on your life with increased stress levels and depression.
4. Do people need others’ help when organizing things?
Other people can be of great help when it comes to organizing something. They help in clarifying goals, editing the unessential, guiding the decision-making, and setting up viable, more organized systems. For example, others can counsel us about how to approach a big meeting or simply foster a good relationship with colleagues.
Describe a time when you organized a happy event successfully Follow up (7 band)
|1. How can parents help children to be organized?||I think parents can make a day to day list of activities to help their children stay organized. They should include regular homework and chores on the list and encourage children to see it often and check off accomplishments as they go. Associating rewards with task achievement is another great way to help kids improve organization skills at home, at school, and beyond.|
|2. On what occasions do people need to be organized?||I don’t believe people need an occasion to be organised. We should attempt to be coordinated constantly. At the point when we are organized, we will more often than not save time and do things quicker. Likewise, being organized makes a decent impression on others.|
|3. Does everything need to be well prepared?||Yes, organizational skills will help us keep things straight. Preparing everything beforehand maximize our effectiveness and productivity and, over time, help us accomplish our goals.|
|4. Do people need others’ help when organizing things?||Yes, when we are organising a major occasion, we most certainly need assistance from others. For example, event planners have a whole team of ten to twenty people managing big events like weddings. On the other hand, small events such as birthday parties can be organized solo.|
SOME RECENTLY ASKED CUE CARDS:
Join our IELTS community: Subscribe our Youtube channel ▷
FREE STUDY MATERIAL TO ACHIEVE BAND 7+ IN IELTS:
I hope it gives you some realistic idea on how to carry a conversation around Describe a time when you organized a happy event successfully IELTS Cue card topic. However, it is strongly advised not to reproduce the same answer during a speaking examination, as it may be used by many of our readers on the site. You should rather reformulate and personalise your answer.
If you still have any doubts, post them in the comments.
ALL THE BEST !