In Describe your favourite weather IELTS Speaking cue card, you’ll be asked to speak about your most loved time of the season. You should say:
|☑️ What kind of weather it is?|
☑️ When this weather usually occurs?
☑️ What you usually do during this weather?
☑️ Explain why you like this type of weather?
NOTE – You have one minute to think about what you are going to say, then you’ll have to talk about the topic for one-to-two minutes. A paper and a pencil will be given so that you can make some notes if you wish.
Describe your favourite weather
Introducing your favourite weather
Sunshine is delicious, while rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is invigorating; there is really so much about weather. Primarily, the Asian weather is categorised into four major seasons – Summer, Monsoon, Autumn, Winter.
What kind of weather it is?
But today, I’d like to talk about the Winters – my most treasured season. Though, the whole year offers us a lot of fun opportunities but winter has something special, something whimsical that puts it into my list of favourites.
Also Read: Describe an activity you do to keep fit
When this weather usually occurs?
When the first winter breeze blows through the trees you can feel the magic in the air. The season arrives in my country in the month of early November and extends till the late February. The coldest yet the most liveliest phase occurs in December and the beginning of January.
What you usually do during this weather?
Winter season is full of festivities. I usually celebrate great evenings of this season with my family. While my mother bakes delicious cakes for us, I light up bonfire at the backyard of my house every weekend. On Christmas and New Year’s eve, I distribute sweets among people and donate warm clothes to all those who are in need.
Also Read: Describe a fishing area you visited once
Explain why you like this type of weather?
I am in love with the cold weather because it brings people together, we yearn for warmth, love, and connection. The holidays deliver big family meals, never ending gratitude, and it just seems like the wheel of time moves a little bit slower than usual. Also, I dearly love Hot cocoa, hot cider, and peppermint-spiced lattes, and you know..their is no better time to drink all of these than winters.
Concluding the cue card
In the end I’d just say that… winter is the perfect time to get cozy and enjoy the beauty of the season. Whether you’re traveling or enjoying holiday celebrations in your own hometown, there’s never a shortage of things to do in the wintertime.
• Weather is a short-term atmospheric condition
• It keeps changing every now and then.
• We enjoy many types of weather in India
• We have hot weather in summers and cool weather in winters.
• The weather in spring and autumn is generally pleasant.
• The weather I am going to talk about here is the pleasant weather we have during the spring, that is March and the beginning of April.
• This is a very welcome weather because it brings great relief from the intense cold of winters.
• The flowers are in full bloom everywhere, and you can hear the happy chirping of the birds.
• Spring season gives you a reason to smile.
• It infuses colour in your life.
• The spring season is important for farmers.
• Crops ripen in the fields.
• Farmers store wheat and barley at home.
• Everybody feels a sense of joy and happiness.
• Besides, spring is a season of festivals for the Hindus.
• Holi is a festival of eating and drinking.
• I enjoy it the most.
• Holi adds to the glory of the spring season.
• Days and nights are neither too long nor too short.
• I hate the cold wind of winter.
• I do not like the hot sun of summer.
• I dislike mud and dirt caused by the rains.
• So spring is my favorite season, and its weather is my favourite weather.
Also Read: Describe an introvert person whom you know
Also Read: Describe something that saves your time
Do you often pay attention to the weather forecast?
Yes, I often use Google weather forecasting to plan my day. I believe.. Science is a miracle and weather forecasting reports immensely help people like me who have to move everyday from home to office and vice-versa.
How does the weather affect people’s daily lives?
Weather, consciously or unconsciously, affects the daily choices we make. It helps to determine whether we need to dress to stay warm or cool, enjoy outside activities or stay inside – or evacuate to a safe place during extreme weather conditions. It can have both immediate and delayed effects on health, food production and overall well-being.
Does the weather have an effect on the economy?
Yes! The weather directly impacts the economy of a nation, for instance, the agrarian economies are largely dependent on the degree of temperature or the amount of rainfall for their growth. Moreover, the weather affects the supply chain as well and unfavourable weather may hurt the economy badly.
I hope it gives you some realistic idea on how to carry a conversation around Describe your favourite weather IELTS Cue card topic. However, it is strongly advised not to reproduce the same answer during the exam, as it may be used by many of our readers on the site. You should rather reformulate and personalise your answer.