In IELTS Speaking Part-2 Describe a house or an apartment you would like to live in cue card topic, you will answer to the following questions:
- What it is like?
- Where it would be?
- Why you would like to live in this house/apartment?
- How you feel about this house/apartment?
NOTE – You have one minute to think about what you are going to say, then you’ll have to talk about the topic for 1-2 minutes. A paper and a pencil will be given so we advise you to make some relevant pointers on the topic.
Describe a house or an apartment you would like to live in IELTS Cue Card
‘Describe a house or an apartment you would like to live in’ IELTS cue card (2022) with Band 8+ sample answer & Follow up questions.
Everyone fantasises of owning a home. People picture their future homes, especially as children, how big they would be, what they will be made of, and how beautiful and adventurous they will be. I also fantasise about, and continue to fantasise about, my future home.
What it is like?
A three-story house with a pointed roof is my ideal home. The attic on the third storey is located slightly below the pointed roof. The moonlight comes into the attic through a wide window on one side of the wall, so I may be drenched in moonlight at night. I can simply lie down on the plush bed, which makes me feel as if I’m lying on fluffy clouds.
Where it would be?
The house I’d like to live should be located at a countryside, away from hustle and bustle of the city.
Why you would like to live in this house/apartment?
I’d like to live in this kind of house because I never lived in a village. The vast land is available so I can hold a barbeque party in my backyard. There will be a hammock hanging between tress in the backyard, so in summer, I can read a book there. The house feels warm and safe as my family will live harmoniously and peacefully.
How you feel about this house/apartment?
I feel a house or an apartment like this is a dream come true.
In the end, I would say that I dint really build my own house but when my father got his house made, I was mostly their to assist him with design and planning. It’s an amazing feeling to build where you will be living soon.
Model Answer 2: IELTS Cue Card
- As of now, I live in a town.
- My home is extremely huge and has many rooms and open space toward the front and back.
- Be that as it may, for each little necessity, we need to race to the town.
- My fantasy home would be in suburbia of my old neighborhood.
- There I would outwit the two universes.
- I would be close to the offices of the city just as have the option to partake in the quiet and tranquil climate of the town
- I might not want to reside in a major house.
- Enormous houses are hard to keep up with.
- My home would have three rooms, an entryway, a kitchen a little grass toward the front and a kitchen garden in the lawn.
- I’m extremely attached to cultivating.
- I would develop coriander, mint, aubergine, okra, tomatoes, green crisp and some other occasional vegetables.
- I would utilize just natural manures, for example, homemades fertilizer from the kitchen squander.
- I would not utilize any insect poisons and pesticides.
- Every one of the rooms of my home would be sufficiently bright and vaporous.
- The washrooms and kitchen would have the most recent fittings.
- I would have sun powered chargers set up on the patio to bridle sun based energy.
- I might want to welcome and engage companions and family members in my home.
- I would keep it perfect.
- I desire to reside in such a house one day.
Describe a house or an apartment you would like to live in Follow-ups
Following are the IELTS Speaking Part-3 follow up questions that could be asked in Describe a house or an apartment you would like to live in cue card:
1. Do most Indian people live in an apartment or house?
I believe it is determined by the district in which they reside. Individuals live in condos in a big percentage of the massive urban communities, similar to metropolitan urban communities, because there is a scarcity of land in such regions, and to accommodate the continually growing population, more high rises are being built. In any case, we may see people living in houses rather than condos in small towns, towns, and the open countryside.
2. Do young people in your country like to live with their parents or by themselves?
Young people in my country prefer to remain with their parents unless they need to relocate to another city or country for greater education or better career opportunities. It’s part of Indian tradition for children to live with their parents.
3. Would you live in a foreign country in the future?
Without a doubt, yes. Later on, I could desire to live in a foreign nation. I wish to continue my education outside of the United States. In developed countries, I believe, there are superior schooling offices and open employment.
4. How is modern home design in your country different to that of the past?
In my country, the cutting-edge home plan is vastly different from that of the past. Climate-resistant coatings, shielded dividers, soundproof windows, and other materials used in the construction of dwellings have advanced significantly. The layout of cutting-edge dwellings is dictated by the available space. The cutting-edge housing plans make greater use of space. Previously, homes were larger and unprepared to deal with the most latest technological devices and gear, such as computers.
5. In your country what type of home do most people live in?
India is a vast country with many different cultures. People live in numerous types of homes, depending on the place and the surrounding environment. Houses made of bamboo, for example, are quite common in India’s eastern regions. Slanted buildings are common in places where snowfall occurs. People in rural areas design their dwellings based on the amount of space and land available.
Model Answer 2: Follow ups
|Do most Indian people live in an apartment or house?
I think it relies upon the district they live in. In a large portion of the enormous urban communities, similar to the metropolitan urban communities, individuals live in condos, as there is a shortage of land in such places and to oblige the steadily expanding populace, increasingly more high rises are being fabricated.
Do young people in your country like to live with their parents or by themselves?
In my country, youngsters like to live with their folks, except if they need to move to another city or on the other hand country, for advanced education or for better profession possibilities. It’s a piece of the Indian culture for kids to live with their folks.
Would you live in a foreign country in the future?
Indeed, without a doubt. I might want to live in an unfamiliar country later on. I intend to seek after my schooling abroad. I think there are better schooling offices and better open positions in created nations.
How is modern home design in your country different to that of the past?
The cutting edge home plan is totally different to that of the past, in my country. The material being involved now in the development of houses if much progressed, similar to climate evidence paints, protected dividers, soundproof windows, and so forth The plan of the cutting edge houses is as per the space accessible. There is better usage of room in the cutting edge home plans. The homes before used to be more extensive and not prepared to deal with the most recent electronic contraptions and hardware, like clothes washer, microwave, dishwashers and so on.
In your country what type of home do most people live in?
India is an immense and different country. Individuals live in various kinds of houses, contingent upon the area also the environment around there. For instance, in the eastern pieces of India, houses produced using bamboo are extremely normal. In areas where there is snowfall, slanted houses are normal. In plain regions, individuals plan their homes, according to the area and space accessible.
I hope it gives you a realistic idea on how to carry conversation around Describe a house or an apartment you would like to live in IELTS Cue Card. However, it is strongly advised not to reproduce the same answer during examination, as it may be used by many of our readers on the site. You should rather reformulate and personalize your answer.
If you still have any doubts, post them in the comments.
ALL THE BEST !