In Describe a person who contributes to the society IELTS Cue Card (2022), you will answer to the following questions:
- Who this person is?
- How you knew him/her?
- What type of work he/she does?
- Explain why you think he/she contributes to the society?
Model Answer 1
Most of my friends idolize business tycoons and entrepreneurs such as Bill gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Jack Dorsey, Elon Musk, Anil Ambani etc. But I personally like a man who is a popular industrialist and a big charity contributor.
Who this person is?
- I’d like to speak about Ratan Tata, who is the current Chairman Emeritus of Tata Sons, a philanthropist, and the son of Jamshed ji Tata.
- Born into the Tata family, he learned early on the value of hard work and the need of a strong work ethic.
- He never took his money for granted and, at the age of 75, he is still actively following his passion.
- Sir Ratan Tata devoted his life to improving society and leading the Tata Group of Companies to unprecedented heights.
How you knew him/her?
- Last year, I had an opportunity to meet him under my company’s social outreach programme (or my school’s annual festival).
- I can never forget the time we shook hands.
- Then, out of curiosity, I read his biography and it was impressive.
What type of work he/she does?
- Mr Ratan Tata is associated with notable Green NGO’s that work on environment preservation.
- In addition, more than 65% of his shares is invested in charitable trusts.
- Tata Education and Development Trust, endowed a $28 million Tata Scholarship Fund that provide financial aid to undergraduate students from India to study abroad.
Explain why you think he/she contributes to the society?
- Gopal Krishna Gokhale, the legendary Indian social reformer and liberation warrior, was a personal friend of Sir Ratan.
- He was so impressed with Gokhale’s Servants of India Society’s work that he started donating Rs. 10,000 each year for ten years to contribute to its welfare work for the lower sections of society.
- That’s why he is such a great philanthropist.
Concluding the cue card
In the end, I’d say that Mr Ratan Tata is known for his generosity and philanthropy, and going the extra mile to contribute to the social welfare of people.
Model Answer 2
- We live in a world which is brimming with individuals with various nature and mentalities.
- A few people track down euphoria in making progress though some track down delight in helping other people.
- Today, I would like to discuss one such individual whose life goal is to help other people and battle for basic liberties.
- He is none other than my friend, Ravi Singh.
- He is in his mid thirties and is tall and attractive.
- He has done his graduation in Electronics and works with a private organization.
- After his work hours, he plays the job of a superhuman where his central goal is to help as many individuals as could be expected.
- Moreover, He’s the founder of a charitable group called – Sarbat da bhala.
- He fights for peoples’ rights and liberties.
- Despite the fact that he got numerous threats for his life, he continued his fight for the fundamental rights of people.
- He has inspired so many people in our hometown, and he is now a public figure.
- He often organizes community Kitchen programs thrice a month and serve food himself.
- The best thing about him is that he isn’t anxious about battling for the right goal, regardless of whether he has to make a great deal of sacrifices.
- He is perfect idol for young generation nowadays.
- Today when I talk about him, I feel so proud that he is my dearest friend.
Follow-up Questions (9 Bands)
- Do people nowadays help others more than in the past?
- Who should teach children to help others? Parents or teachers?
- In what kind of professions do people help others more?
- Why are some people willing to help others?
1. Do people nowadays help others more than in the past?
Volunteering your time, money, or energy to help others doesn’t just make the world better—it also makes you better. Studies indicate that people nowadays help others more than in the past and boosts their happiness, health, and sense of well-being.
2. Who should teach children to help others? Parents or teachers?
To raise caring children, parents should model compassion and generosity. Children will learn to donate their time, money, and belongings if they see their parents do so. Parents can raise children who not only care, but also help others.
3. In what kind of professions do people help others more?
Work that is meaningful to others can be found in a variety of fields. Many job opportunities exist in healthcare and social services to assist people with their physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Other industries, such as business, law enforcement, and education, do vitally important work for others.
4. Why are some people willing to help others?
People frequently choose to help others because it makes them feel valuable. Sometimes people have been through a difficult time and want to repay the kindness shown to them by being kind to others. Some of the volunteers may have needed assistance in the past and recall what it was like to be alone.
Follow-up Questions (7 Bands)
Q) Do people nowadays help others more than in the past?
Ans) There have been useful individuals in each period and they utilize the means they can to help other people out of luck. I accept that individuals have more means to help others anyplace on the planet in light of innovation. That was impractical previously.
Q) Who should teach children to help others? Parents or teachers?
Ans) The two guardians and educators share the obligation to guarantee that the kids figure out how to help others. Guardians ought to be good examples for their and instructors can have illustrations and exercises in schools to instil/guzzle this worth/righteousness in youngsters.
Q) In what kind of professions do people help others more?
Ans) I think in all call centre professionals help other straightforwardly or by implication through their services. Nonetheless, those working in the social/local area administration fields, similar to NGOs working to advance chid development, women empowerment, and other such social issues.
Q) Why are some people willing to help others?
Ans) People who are sympathetic, touchy, and caring are more able to help other people. These qualities are what they have seen and gained from their folks, educators and other individuals around them while they grow up.
I hope it gives you some realistic idea on how to carry a conversation around Describe a person who contributes to the society IELTS Cue card topic. However, it is strongly advised not to reproduce the same answer during a speaking examination, as it may be used by many of our readers on the site. You should rather reformulate and personalise your answer.
If you still have any doubts, post them in the comments.
ALL THE BEST !