- When you learned it?
- Why you learned it?
- How you learned it?
- How you felt when you learned it?
Also, Describe a skill that was difficult for you to learn Follow-up questions could be:
- What skills do students need to master?
- Is it hard for students to learn new skills?
- Is it hard for old people to learn new skills?
- Is a good teacher very important for students learning experience? Why?
Find all the latest Cue Cards here: IELTS Speaking Cue Cards (2022) ↗
NOTE – You have one minute to think about what you are going to say, then you’ll have to talk about the topic for one-to-two minutes. A paper and a pencil will be given so that you can make some notes if you wish.
Let’s dive into the Sample answers and Follow up questions of Describe a skill that was difficult for you to learn IELTS cue card:
Model Answer 1
Introducing a skill that was difficult for you to learn
There is no doubt that learning new skills help us successfully navigate this exhilarating journey of life. So today, I would take this opportunity to talk about one such skill that was pretty hard to learn.
Actually it was none other than ‘Time Management‘.
When you learned it?
I learned about time scheduling when I first joined my job as an Assistant Manager two years ago. Before that, I was just goofing around with my life.
Why you learned it?
I had to learn it because the company had a typical ‘Carrot and stick’ policy where if you do good, be punctual with your work you’ll rewarded otherwise you have to bear the consequences.
Therefore, I realized it is of paramount importance to be time efficient.
How you learned it?
I too asked the same question to motivational speakers , read blogs and articles to learn about time management a few years ago. Some said to frame a time table, some said to learn the art of effective usage of time and so on. But then I read ‘The 5 AM Club‘ – authored by Robin Sharma. It transformed my life.
I followed every little secret shared in the book (such as scheduling & prioritizing tasks, minimizing distractions etc.) with full devotion and consequently I was awarded ‘The best employee of the month’ soon after.
And that’s how I championed this skill.
How you felt when you learned it?
I felt as happy as Larry. The transformation from a boy to a man with professional pursuits(goals) was fascinating!
Concluding the cue card
In the end, I would tell you that…. If we learn to manage time, half of our problems will be solved. Initially, it might be difficult to get hold of it but once learned it’s applications are endless.
Model Answer 2
- At the point when I was youthful, my folks arranged a get-away for Goa, a state renowned for its pleasant sea shores.
- I was exceptionally eager to visit Goa and invest some energy at the ocean side, as I had never visited one.
- My folks likewise let me know that they would permit me to Goa, provided that I got the hang of swimming first.
- Nonetheless, I made some awful memories picking up swimming.
- Initially, since my adolescence, I have had enormous apprehension about water.
- I needed to visit the sea shores, however I was not anticipating entering the water.
- Truth be told, that is the explanation my father arranged the entire outing he needed me to move past my dread
- Besides, there was just one pool in my city around then.
- Furthermore the swimming educator there was severe and impolite.
- I realized I would get yelled at in light of the fact that I would be delayed at learning.
- In this way, I used to skirt the swimming illustrations without telling my folks.
- I used to go play table tennis with my companions as opposed to going to the pool.
- Then, at that point, one day my father went with me to the pool to beware of my advancement.
- My dad saw that I hadn’t gained any headway.
- He got truly irate and let me know that possibly I master swimming, or he would drop the entire outing.
- After that day, I became genuine with regards to it.
- It was difficult and on the initial two-three days, I scarcely entered the water once.
- However, when the educator came to be aware of my water fear, he was truly persistent with me.
- He let me learn it at my own speed.
- He likewise permitted me to utilize the cylinder to drift, despite the fact that he precludes every other person from utilizing it.
- Gradually, as I settled in, he let me know how to utilize my legs to remain above water, rather than the cylinder.
- I don’t recall a lot, as it was a long while back, yet I truly do recollect it took me over 90 days to get the hang of swimming, while on normal individuals get it inside 2-3 weeks.
- Subsequent to learning, I felt astonishing.
- I hadn’t simply mastered swimming; I had additionally vanquished my dread of water.
- My folks were additionally exceptionally glad for me.
- What’s more since I realized swimming, I lived it up in Goa.
Following are the IELTS Speaking Part-3 follow up questions that could be asked in Describe a skill that was difficult for you to learn cue card:
What skills do students need to master?
I think students need to master skills like creativity, critical thinking and problem solving. They are the building blocks of successful life. Moreover, excellence in communication, digital tools will go a long way in their future.
Is it hard for students to learn new skills?
It’s the opposite in fact…!! I feel that students are able to grasp the concepts much more quickly, and their minds can pick up and retain things better. They embodies the skills of being a strategic thinker and a good listener and applies them to learning quickly.
Is it hard for old people to learn new skills?
It’s not hard exactly..it’s just that their memory tend to function slowly. But I have seen Sexagenerians who started their new lives with new skillset and are quite successful.
Is a good teacher very important for students learning experience? Why?
Yes, without a shadow of a doubt! When it comes to learning, the importance of great teachers can’t be underestimated, not least because teachers have a significant influence on student achievement. They impart knowledge and wisdom among children and adults. Teachers are the cornerstones of modern-day civilization.
Find the whole list of latest topics: IELTS Speaking Part-1 Topics (2022) ↗
FREE STUDY MATERIAL TO ACHIEVE BAND 7+ IN IELTS:
I hope it gives you some realistic idea on how to carry a conversation around Describe a skill that was difficult for you to learn IELTS Cue card topic. However, it is strongly advised not to reproduce the same answer during the exam, as it may be used by many of our readers on the site. You should rather reformulate and personalise your answer.
If you still have any doubts, post them in the comments.
ALL THE BEST !
Other cue cards you may like :
- Describe a difficult thing you did [IELTS Cue Card]
- Describe a time when you felt proud of a family member [IELTS Cue Card]
- Describe a time you moved to a new home/school [IELTS Cue Card]
- Describe an activity that you usually do that wastes your time [IELTS Cue Card]
- Describe an item on which you spent more than expected [IELTS Cue Card]