In IELTS Speaking Part-1 Public gardens & Parks, Apps, and Colours topics, there will be a Question & Answer session between the candidate and the examiner around one of these topics, 5-6 questions at most.
The examiner will also ask some general questions at the beginning about the candidate, for instance, about where you live, where you work, study etc.
Following are the probable set of IELTS Speaking Part-1 questions around Public gardens & Parks, Apps & Colours topics:
- Would you like to play in a public garden or park?
- What do you like to do when visiting a park?
- How have parks changed today compared to the time when you were a kid?
- Would you prefer to play in a personal garden or public garden?
- What apps have you recently used?
- What kinds of apps are you usually interested in?
- Which was the first app you used?
- What kinds of apps would you like to use in the future?
- What’s your favourite colour?
- What’s the colour you dislike? Why?
- What colour makes you uncomfortable in your room?
- Do colours affect your mood?
- Does colour matter when you buy things?
- What is the difference between men’s and women’s preference on colours?
- Have you ever seen a rainbow?
Topic #1: Public Gardens and Parks
1. Would you like to play in a public garden or park?
I absolutely like to play in public spaces such as gardens or parks. I am an outdoorsy person and as such I indulge in quite a few outdoor activities, for example Badminton and Football.
2. What do you like to do when visiting a park?
Well..There are plenty of fun things to do in the park. I love to play Scavenger hunt with my friends. We also do Stargazing where we spread a blanket on the ground, get comfy, and look up at the cosmos.
3. How have parks changed today compared to the time when you were a kid?
Parks today have monumentally changed in contrast to 10-15 years back. They have better playground equipment for children, well-maintained walking/jogging paths and some parks even have soccer/cricket fields.
4. Would you prefer to play in a personal garden or public garden?
Honestly, I don’t have a preference between personal or public garden. Both are just fine to me! The only thing where public gardens have an upper hand is that they are open to all. Therefore, there’s more opportunity to foster social relationships with strangers.
Topic #2: Apps
5. What apps have you recently used?
I most recently used Whatsapp to chat with an old friend of mine. He came back from London after 7 years. Also, I love Hollywood movies and few days back. Also, I have installed NETFLIX to binge-watch my favourite movies and TV Series.
6. What kinds of apps are you usually interested in?
Entertainment apps are certainly my favourites! Which include Amazon Prime, NETFLIX and Youtube. This is because, I am a movie-fanatic and also a Youtuber. Besides, I use Social media apps quite a lot. I share content with friends and family, colleagues and in return, they share like my photos, my videos; and make me feel privileged.
7. Which was the first app you used?
To answer this question I’ve to walk down memory lane.. As I recall, the first application that I used was Microsoft Powerpoint. I still remember once I had a group assignment back in school and the teacher instructed us to make a solid-looking powerpoint presentation. So yeah, it was my first app.
8. What kinds of apps would you like to use in the future?
I would definitely be going to use some AI (Artificial Intelligence) based apps in the future. The world is changing rapidly and everything is now becoming technology driven. They may sound too futuristic but apps like Infant crying translator could soon be a reality.
Topic #3: Colours
9. What’s your favourite colour?
I have not one but two colours on my list of favourites – one is Blue and the other is Green. I am a nature lover to an extent that you could call me a tree-hugger. When I see anything in green, I just gravitate towards it. Blue is also my favourite because it resonates with my personality – calm and composed.
10. What’s the colour you dislike? Why?
Honestly, I am not a huge fan of Pink. For me… pink is just a wishy-washy colour and quite frankly, it seems odd to me.
11. What colour makes you uncomfortable in your room?
I don’t like black walls, it makes me feel uncomfortable in my room. I usually like light toned colours; the hues create magic in a room or hall.
12. Do colours affect your mood?
Absolutely! Colours directly affect my mood. For instance, Red stimulates love, passion, anger, and power within me. On the other hand, Green has a calming effect. I feel so relieved under green impression.
13. Does colour matter when you buy things?
To some extent, colours matter to me when I go for shopping. I think Colour affects consumer behaviour in many ways, from impulse purchases to budget-friendly investments. I normally fall for warm colours that are pleasing to the eye.
14. What is the difference between men’s and women’s preference on colours?
There’s a vast difference between men’s and women’s choice of colours. Because, Women generally gravitate towards soft colours, while men tend to like bright colours. Moreover, Men prefer to call Purple…a Purple, whereas women use nomenclature like plum, eggplant, grape, and orchid to describe the different shades of Purple.
15. Have you ever seen a rainbow?
I consider myself really fortunate to witness a rainbow more than once. In India, we call it Indradhanush. As a matter of fact, rainbow is a symbol of hope in many cultures. They appear as perfect arcs🌈, often during a rainstorm when the sun shines onto water droplets, shattering its white light into an array of brilliant seven colours.
OTHER SPEAKING PART-1 TOPICS YOU MAY LIKE:
|TREES (Questions/Answers) ↗||WINDOW VIEW (Questions/Answers) ↗||STAGES OF LIFE (Questions/Answers) ↗|
|SINGING (Questions/Answers) ↗||TEXT MESSAGING (Questions/Answers) ↗||HAPPINESS (Questions/Answers) ↗|
Join our IELTS community: Subscribe our Youtube channel ▷
FREE STUDY MATERIAL TO ACHIEVE BAND 7+ IN IELTS:
IELTS Speaking Part-1 Public gardens & Parks, Apps, and Colours
IELTS Speaking Part 1 topics – ‘Public gardens/parks, Apps, Colours’ with Band 9 sample answers to improve your language skills instantly.
I hope you’ve now learnt how to answer these topics. However, it is strongly advised not to reproduce the same answer during a speaking examination, as it may be used by many of our readers on the site. You should rather reformulate and personalise your answer.
If you still have any doubts, post them in the comments.
ALL THE BEST !