In Describe a company where you live that employs a lot of people IELTS Speaking cue card, you’ll be asked to speak about an organisation in your hometown that has a large workforce. You should say:
|☑️ What it does?|
☑️ How many people it employs?
☑️ What kind of people work there?
☑️ How you feel about it?
NOTE – You have one minute to think about what you are going to say, then you’ll have to talk about the topic for one-to-two minutes. A paper and a pencil will be given so that you can make some notes if you wish.
For easier understanding, I have divided this IELTS Cue Card into three parts ➡️ Introduction, Questions, and Conclusion.
Organisations play a primordial role in nation’s development. The place where I live, is surrounded by small-to-medium scale enterprises.
So today I would take this opportunity to talk about Preet Tractors -the pride of my hometown, which employs nearly quarter of our working population.
What it does?
As the name suggests, Preet Tractors is a renowned name in the manufacturing of Tractors & Farm equipments. It was established in the year 1980 as a small repair workshop by Mr. Hari Singh and in the year 2005 it was rebranded into Preet Tractors.
The company now export its products to 52 countries.
How many people it employs?
Preet Tractors has about 20,000+ strong workforce across various locations in India. In my city alone, they employ nearly 5000 people, which is massive considering the size of my city.
What kind of people work there?
The people working there are both skilled and semi-skilled workers. My Uncle is working there as a Production Manager.
He told me that the largest chunk of company employees are mechanical engineers, then comes the Management team with business degrees and finally the people who are experienced in skilled trades such as Welding, Foundry, CNC etc.
How you feel about it?
I think Preet Tractors gave my hometown a global exposure. I feel so proud when people who live miles away can recognise my city. Moreover, the company presence eradicated poverty & unemployment in my region to a great extent. So I feel grateful as well!
In the end I’d just say that… Preet Tractors is our town’s greatest asset and I hope it will flourish more in the years to come.
• I know of many workplaces in and around my home town such as industries, banks, and educational institutes
• Here I am going to talk about a workplace, which is in my hometown and employs a lot of people.
• It is the JCT mill, which stands for Jagatjit Cotton and Textile Mills
• It is on the G.T. Road
• This mill was established in 1946.
• The chairman of the company is Mr. M.M. Thapar
• My uncle works in the HR department of this Mill.
• He tells me a lot about the Mill.
• Many people, nearly around 30,000, work in this Mill and they are proud to be part of this Mill.
• The employer employee relation is very good.
• They provide many facilities to their employees.
• They provide housing at a very low cost to their employees.
• Their housing colony is called Thapar Colony.
• They also provide healthcare facilities for their employees.
• They have a school where the children of their workers can study free of cost.
• This school is affiliated to the Punjab School Education Board.
• The employees live in a world of their own inside the Thapar Colony.
• There is 24 hours power supply.
• They give bonuses and perks to their employees from time to time.
• The Mill manufactures cotton fabric.
• Even big names like Raymonds and Siyaram buy fabric from here and sell it under their own tag.
• They have even started manufacturing organic cotton
• They also export their products
• Recently they started their readymade garment section in which they have mass production of Men’s shirts under the brand name of Tyrock
• So, this is the workplace where many people work.
Also Read: Talk about a special day which was inexpensive
Also Read: Describe something that helps you concentrate
Following are the probable set of IELTS Speaking Part-3 follow up questions for Describe a company where you live that employs a lot of people cue card:
Is it easy to find a job in India?
Honestly…, No ! It’s not easy to find a job in my country. India has a population of more than 130 crores so you can imagine the fierce competition in securing jobs.
What should the government do if there is unemployment?
Well..if there is unemployment, the first thing any government should do is provide unemployment allowance. Secondly, it’s the prerogative of government to provide free skill training courses so that people could learn and become self-employed.
Is a high salary important?
It seems to me that a good amount of salary is highly important. The inflation is rising day by day. So higher earnings can provide the necessary cushion against the aftermath of the inflation.
Also Read: Describe an activity you do to keep fit
Should big companies donate more to charities?
Yes, definitely! Since big corporates have larger pockets they should donate more to NGO’s & charities. Moreover, generous donation is a low-hanging fruit that helps big names to attract free publicity.
Should big companies be punished more seriously if they break the law?
I am afraid I disagree with the statement! Law should be same for all no matter how big or small the company is. If any entity involves in violation of the law, it should be dealt seriously.
What are the good things about working for a big company?
Working for a big company provides global exposure. In addition, there are perks and salaries always on the higher side. Moreover, the best thing about working in a big company is that there is job security since large organisations have defined rules and structure.
I hope it gives you some realistic idea on how to carry a conversation around Describe a company where you live that employs a lot of people IELTS Cue card topic. However, it is strongly advised not to reproduce the same answer during the exam, as it may be used by many of our readers on the site. You should rather reformulate and personalize your answer.
If you still have any doubts, post them in the comments.
ALL THE BEST !