In Describe a thing you cannot live without (not a mobile or computer) IELTS cue card (2022), you need to answer the following questions:
- What it is?
- How long have you had it for?
- Why you cannot live without it?
- Explain how you felt when you were without it?
Model Answer 1
Science and Technology have made us over-dependent on things. Likewise, there are many things in my life today that I cannot live without. But today, I’d love to talk about an interesting piece of literature that has turned my fortune.
What it is?
- It is a book titled ‘Who moved my cheese‘ written by Dr Spencer Johnson and published by Penguin books.
- The book revolves around some amazing ways to deal with change in your work and in your personal life.
How long have you had it for?
- I have had this book for about 5 years now. The thing was gifted to me by my dearest friend and a well-wisher, Rohan.
- The idea behind giving me the novel was to motivate me and give me some hope during the period of economic downturn.
- I had kept the book at my office desk ever since.
Why you cannot live without it?
- First and foremost, I consider the book as my lucky charm. Whatever I’ve achieved in recent years, I owe it to that novel. That’s why I can’t afford to live a day without it.
- Secondly, this is a great management book. It describes a simple pattern of embracing change, finding success, looking out for more change and then adapting it again.
- Each time I read a few lines, I develop a positive attitude towards life.
- So it is too valuable for me as an individual.
Explain how you felt when you were without it?
- I felt lost and hopeless when someone took this book away from me.
- I was running low on motivation and disinterested in my work. Therefore, my work efficiency felt the impact of living without it.
Concluding the cue card
In the end, I would just tell you that books are friends who never leave your side. This saying is very true as ‘Who moved my cheese’ has always been there for me.
Model Answer 2
- I don’t think there are many things in my daily routine that I can’t live without.
- My Activa, on the other hand, is something I would actually miss.
- It’s the foundation of my movement.
- I live in Phagwara’s suburbs, and I have to travel to the city for most of my needs.
- For example, there is a little basic food store near my house, but it has a limited selection.
- Indeed, my school is the city, and it is now my primary mode of transportation.
- Prior to the epidemic, the city had a typical transportation system.
- The transport administration, on the other hand, is certainly less ordinary as a result of the lockdowns and the hesitancy to use open transportation. To be honest, there used to be a bus to the city every 20 minutes, but now there is one every two hours.
- Furthermore, because transportations make more stops these days, travelling takes significantly longer.
- It takes me 10 minutes on my bike and 30 minutes on public transportation.
- Taking public transportation to the city is also acceptable, but returning is quite difficult.
- While leaving, I can wait in the comfort of my own house; nevertheless, upon returning, I must wait at the bus station.
- Without my bike, I’d be completely crippled.
- I’ve been in a situation when I needed to live without it, and it was one of the most notably miserable long periods of my life. A month ago, the bike broke down, and the community of helpers was out of defective parts.
- As a result, it took a whole week to get things corrected.
- That week, I was unable to do anything.
- My friend gave me a ride in his car on the first day, then another friend dropped me off at my house the next day.
- However, I felt strange asking them again.
- After the lockout the next day, I attempted the transport for the first and last time.
- It was such a bad experience that I decided it would be better to stay at home for the entire day rather than take public transportation.
- It also instilled in me a newfound respect for those who travel by public transportation on a daily basis.
I hope it gives you some realistic idea on how to carry a conversation around Describe a thing you cannot live without IELTS Cue card topic. However, it is strongly advised not to reproduce the same answer during a speaking examination, as it may be used by many of our readers on the site. You should rather reformulate and personalise your answer.
If you still have any doubts, post them in the comments.
ALL THE BEST !