[7+] Describe an interesting song IELTS Cue-Card
Last updated on April 13th, 2023 at 10:47 am
In Describe an interesting song IELTS Speaking IELTS cue card, you should say:
- What the song is?
- What it is about?
- Whether the song is popular?
- Explain why you think it is interesting?
9 Band Answer
Let’s dive into the ‘Describe an interesting song’ IELTS cue card (2022) with Band 7-9 sample answers & Follow up questions:
Introducing an interesting song
I am an audiophile and I usually have a lot of interesting songs in my playlist all the time. But today I’d like to talk about a track that has engrossed me completely for the past few years.
What the song is?
I consider “Main rahoon ya na rahoon” sung by Armaan Malik as the most interesting song. Rashmi Virag wrote the beautiful lyrics for the song.
What it is about?
In this song, Emraan Hashmi tells the storey of his crush to a toddler who is his crush’s child. He acts as if he is happy for her, but actually, he is in great pain and needs help with his unfinished love.
Yes, this song makes me feel nostalgic; it’s a heartbreaking tune, but it also reminds me of good old times when I had the same story.
“It doesn’t matter if one doesn’t end up getting their love,” he says. Always remember to smile 😊
Whether the song is popular?
The song is extremely popular and has a huge fan base. The feel of this song, as well as the tale behind it, has a profound effect on anyone. And I believe we can all connect to it.
Explain why you think it is interesting?
All people have the first crush in their lives. some of us are successful in being with him/her, while the majority of us do not. This song is especially interesting to such people. We all have unknowingly allowed people to break our hearts, and this song exactly tells us about how to heal our broken hearts.
Concluding the cue card
In the end, I would say that honestly I don’t have words to describe how amazing the lyrics are. A strong mix of emotions rushes through my body whenever I hear this song.
7-8 Band Answer
- I enjoy listening to music, especially English and Punjabi retro songs.
- But here I’d like to talk about “A Murder of One” by counting crows.
- On the surface, this song sounds similar to a number of other American rock bands.
- A soaring riff and whiney vocals were mixed together which is a prescription for mediocrity for some people.
- But, on the other hand, this song serves my interest in more than one way.
- This is one of the first songs I recall my father singing for me.
- He had a major influence on my musical tastes from a young age. And It is still the case.
- Every time I hear this song, I realize how much I thank my father for my insatiable musical appetite.
- The subject of the song is about a person who wastes their life in a poor relationship.
- I’m reminded not to waste mine through this song.
- I get a galvanising confidence that not everything is lost, there’s still a plenty of room to change and grow.
- This song is something I can turn to regardless of my mental condition or where I am in the world.
- This riveting song tells me that life is worth living and that things will work out.
- So, every time I hear this, it makes me happy.
Follow-up (9 Band)
IELTS Speaking Part-3 Describe an interesting song follow up questions with band 9 answers:
1. Do teenagers and adults enjoy the same kind of songs?
The choice of songs between an adult and a teen varies considerably. A teenager listens to rock and metal, electronic and similar genres while an adult enjoys soulful, romantic and soft music.
2. What are the factors, which make people like a song?
The music and voice quality are two strong determining factors. In addition, the lyrics must form a rhythm. Because both are equally important and must be used in tandem.
3. On which occasions do people in your country sing together?
Often times when people are happy, they’ll sing together. These occasions mainly consist of weddings, birthdays, regional festivals etc. in India. They think that singing together is the best way of sharing happiness with others.
4. Which kinds of songs are suitable for children? Why?
Children should start with nursery rhymes and lullabies before gradually moving into folk songs and classical numbers as they reach preschool age. Because these are musically meaningful and cognitively stimulating for kids.
Describe an interesting song Follow-up (7 band)
|1. Do teenagers and adults enjoy the same kind of songs?||It is a matter of personal preference. Teens prefer songs with fast beats, whereas adults choose songs with beautiful verses and sensitive melodies.|
|2. What are the factors, which make people like a song?||To be enjoyed by people, a tune must have terrific lines, a good arrangement, a pleasing voice, and of course a nice video.|
|3. On which occasions do people in your country sing together?||In my country, people sing together on special events such as birthdays, weddings, memorials, and public holidays such as Diwali or Christmas.|
|4. Which kinds of songs are suitable for children? Why?||I believe that folk music is appropriate for children since it keeps them connected to their culture and traditions. For what it’s worth, today’s children are influenced by global culture, so they must maintain close contact with our traditional culture. Social melodies are a good way to connect with our way of life.|
I hope it gives you some realistic idea on how to carry a conversation around Describe an interesting song IELTS Cue card topic. However, it is strongly advised not to reproduce the same answer during a speaking examination, as it may be used by many of our readers on the site. You should rather reformulate and personalise your answer.
If you still have any doubts, post them in the comments.
ALL THE BEST !