In Describe an occasion when you lost something Cue Card, you should say:
- What you lost?
- When and where you lost it?
- What did you do to find it?
- Explain how you felt about it?
Here are the band 7+ sample answers to Describe an occasion when you lost something IELTS Speaking Cue Card:
Sample Answer 1
When it comes to looking after the things that belong to me, I am typically a careful person. But sadly, practically everyone loses stuff despite our best attempts.
What you lost?
- Similarly, I lost my USB drive a few months back.
- Everybody these days uses a USB drive (a small peripheral computer storage device) which is used to save or store important files like – documents, pictures, movies or songs.
When and where you lost it?
- Naturally, I also had a lot of significant files with old music, movies, and papers, as well as a lot of unique vintage photos of my family, friends, and other relatives.
- In fact, I would say that some of those folders, which contained the images and paperwork from my high school years, were as ancient as four years.
- So, I suppose you can appreciate how important and dear that USB drive was to me.
- Unfortunately, I misplaced it last Sunday when I was probably attempting to remove the bus ticket from my pocket.
What did you do to find it?
- But it wasn’t until I got home that I realised I had actually misplaced my favourite pen drive.
- Because I distinctly recall keeping it in my pocket before leaving my office, I also concluded that I may have misplaced it on the bus on the way home.
Explain how you felt about it?
- Anyhow, I felt like I had lost a piece of myself when I misplaced that tiny, favourite USB drive.
- Because it had so many priceless memories from my history.
- A Sunday when the buses in the city where I reside are crowded made me feel like I should have been more cautious when safeguarding that USB drive.
Concluding the Cue Card
There’s really not all that much you can do otherwise, it’s not like small flash drives are equipped like gadgets in James Bond movies. So, this was an occasion when I lost something pretty important!
Sample Answer 2
I am incredibly negligent and constantly lose things. I’m going to talk about the most recent thing I lost today, a set of headphones. My family and I recently travelled to Pune. We had to get to the airport by 5 a.m. in order to check in for our 7.20 a.m. departure.
The aircraft also departed from Chandigarh, which is around a two-hour drive from my place. None of us slept well the previous night as a result. In truth, I slept for just an hour. So I had a hard time keeping my eyes open when we boarded the aircraft.
I took off my headphones as soon as I sat down and put them in the seat pocket in front of me. I completely forgot about my headphones when I de-boarded and exited without them because I was so sleepy. They only came to mind once we got to the motel.
These were Apple AirPods, and they were quite pricey. So I had to work for them to be mine. I dialled the airline and provided them with my flight and seat information. I was told that the airline had already departed for Delhi after leaving the airport, but they would have the ground staff search for them.
They were supposed to call me, but I never got one. The following day, I called and asked finally. The identical response was given to me: the flight was in transit and ground officials would be contacted when it landed.
Because of this, I was unable to appreciate anything during my entire vacation. I felt dejected throughout as a result. Since then, a month has passed. My headphones were never returned, and the airline informed me that a customer might have taken them.
But the loss confirmed to me two things. I should be more cautious in the first place, and I shouldn’t let material losses dampen our spirits. Although I regret losing my headphones, I hate much more that I let them ruin my mood.
Sample Answer 3
I lost my laptop and a few other important papers when I was in my freshman year of study, and the experience was so painful that I can still remember it. I used a public bus to get home from the university when I was en route there.
I had my bag with me, which had my laptop, a charger, a few music CDs, a pen drive, some books, and other important documents. The things I had in my bag were also lost because I misplaced it.
As I recall that I had to stand inside the bus because there were no seats available and I had my suitcase with me. I got off the bus after an hour and got into a shared taxi. Moreover, I eventually walked for a long to go home, and when I went into my room, I noticed that the bag wasn’t there.
It made me so agitated that I ran back to the street and concentrated on trying to recall where I had left the object. But I struggled to pinpoint where I left my suitcase.
I struggled to fall asleep at night because I was so miserable and down. However, I made a concerted effort to get things back, despite the fact that I knew it was impossible. So, I reported the incident to the local police station and contacted the bus company, but after a week, I gave up on ever getting my belongings back.
It felt like a kid who misplaced his favourite toys! I placed a lot of value on the laptop because it has many vital documents and study materials. I was so embarrassed that I started blaming myself for everything and reprimanded myself for not being more careful.
In all honesty, the entire event and the associated emotions were quite gloomy.
The probable Describe an occasion when you lost something IELTS Cue Card follow-up questions that may be asked by the examiner in Speaking Part-3 of the test will be updated soon.
SOME RECENTLY ASKED CUE CARDS:
|A law on environmental protection ↗|
|A puzzle you have played ↗|
|A time when you felt proud of a family member ↗|
|An article on health you read in a magazine ↗|
Join our IELTS community: Subscribe our Youtube channel ▷
I hope it gives you some realistic idea on how to carry a conversation around Describe an occasion when you lost something IELTS Cue card topic. However, it is strongly advised not to reproduce the same answer during the exam, as it may be used by many of our readers on the site. You should rather reformulate and personalize your answer.
If you still have any doubts, post them in the comments.
ALL THE BEST !