Speaking is no doubt a daunting task in the IELTS examination. But, some invaluable resources always come in handy to help prepare for this section. The bundle of Makkar IELTS Speaking Questions is indeed a bundle of joy for many of us.
The latest IELTS Speaking Part-1 topics 2022 with questions and answers are given below:
1. SPENDING TIME WITH OTHERS
- Do you like talking with people? Why?
- How do you like spending time with your friends?
- Would you prefer to study alone or with others?
- Do you remember a time when you need to cooperate with others?
2. PETS & ANIMALS
- What’s your favourite animal? why?
- What is the most popular animal in your country?
- Have you ever had a pet before?
- Where do you prefer to keep your pet, indoors or outdoors?
- Do you use headphones?
- What type of headphones do you use?
- When would you use headphones?
- In what conditions, you won’t use headphones?
- Do you like buying shoes? How often?
- Have you ever bought shoes online?
- How much money do you usually spend on shoes?
- Which do you prefer, fashionable shoes or comfortable shoes?
5. PUBLIC GARDENS & PARKS
- Would you like to play in a public garden or park?
- What would you like to do when visiting a park?
- How have parks changed today compared to the time when you were a kid?
- Would you prefer to play in a personal garden or public garden?
- What apps have you recently used?
- Which apps are you usually interested in?
- What was the first app you used?
- What kinds of apps would you like to use in the future?
Find all the latest Cue Cards here: IELTS Speaking Cue Cards (Sep-Dec 2022) ↗
You can checkout our model answers for: 55+ Most Common IELTS Speaking Intro Questions ↗
Join our IELTS community: Subscribe our Youtube channel ▷
- What’s your favourite colour?
- What’s the colour you dislike? Why?
- What colour makes you uncomfortable in your room?
- What is the most popular colour in India?
- Do colours affect your mood?
- Does colour matter when you buy things?
- What is the difference between men’s and women’s colour preference?
- Have you ever seen a rainbow?
- What kind of weather do you like the most?
- What’s the weather like in your hometown?
- Do you like the weather in your hometown?
- Do you prefer dry or wet weather?
9. GETTING LOST
- Have you ever lost your way?
- How can you find your way when you are lost?
- Can you read a map when you get lost?
- Have you ever helped someone who got lost?
- Is it difficult for you to stay focused on something?
- What do you do to help you concentrate?
- What may distract you when you are trying to stay focused?
- When do you need to be focused?
- Do you like Science?
- When did you start to learn about Science?
- Which Science subject is interesting to you?
- What kinds of interesting things have you done with Science?
- Where did you go for your last holiday?
- Do you like holidays? Why?
- Which public holiday do you like the best?
- What do you do on holidays?
- What kind of flowers do you know?
- Are there any flowers that have special significance in your country?
- Have you ever planted any flowers by yourself?
- Have you sent flowers to anyone?
- Do you(Indians) like Barbecue?
- Would you like to have barbecue with your friends or your family?
- What kind of food is your favourite in barbecue?
- Did you have experienced barbecue when you were a child?
15. CAR TRIP
- Do you like to travel by car?
- When do you travel by car?
- Which is the farthest place you have ever traveled by car?
- Do you like to sit on the front seat or back seat when travelling by car?
- What do you do to relax?
- Do you think doing sports is a right way to relax?
- Why you think vacation is a good time for you to relax?
- Do you think students need more relaxing time?
- Do you use a wallet?
- Have you ever lost a wallet?
- Have you ever sent a wallet to someone as a gift?
- Do most of your friends use a wallet?
- Would you like to work in a company related to environmental protection?
- How can we protect the environment?
- Do you think you have done enough to protect the environment?
- Is there education about how to protect the environment at schools?
19. SPECIAL COSTUMES
- Do you like to wear special costumes?
- Did you try any special costumes when you were young?
- When was the last time you wore special costumes?
- Did you ever buy special costumes?
20. PRIMARY SCHOOL
- What did you like to do the most when you were in primary school?
- How did you go to your primary school?
- How do you like your primary school?
- What did you do in your leisure time?
- What kind of trees do people usually plant in your country?
- Have you ever planted a tree?
- What kind of trees do you plant?
- Do you like planting trees and why?
22. NEW YEAR
- How do you celebrate New Year?
- Do you still remember a New Year that you celebrated?
- Do you have any rituals or ceremonies to celebrate the New Year in your country?
- Why do people think New Year is a new beginning?
- Is there anything that makes you feel happy lately??
- What do you do to stay happy?
- Can you stay happy all the time?
- Is it important to be happy?
- What is the decoration like in your home?
- What kind of decoration do you prefer?
- Do Indian people like decorating their homes?
- What’s your favourite colour when decorating your home?
- Have you ever visited a farm?
- What kind of farm do you like?
- Do you think farming is important?
- Did you do any work at the farm when you were young?
- Do you have a lot of furniture in your home?
- Is there anyone who bought furniture for you?
- What kind of furniture would you like to buy?
- Which furniture do you like best in your home?
27. PHASES OF LIFE
- Do you enjoy your current stage of life?
- In what stage of your life were you the happiest?
- Which stage of your life do you think is the most important?
- What’s your plan for your next stage of life?
28. HOME COUNTRY
- Which part of your country do you like to live in?
- Do you know the history of your country well?
- What makes you feel proud of your country?
- Will you stay in India in the future?
29. VIEW FROM THE WINDOW
- What scenery can you see from the window of your room?
- Do you like to watch the scenery from your window?
- Do you want to live in a house with beautiful window views?
- How do you feel when you can’t see any beautiful view from your window?
- Is it easy for you to remember names of people?
- How do you remember names of people?
- How do you feel when people can’t remember your name?
- Do you often forget names of people?
31. NEW ACTIVITIES
- Do you like to try new activities and why?
- What activities would you like to try?
- What activities did you do when you were a child?
- Do you like to try new activities alone or with friends?
- Do you you like reading?
- Do you like to read at home or in other places?
- In what places do you think it is difficult to read?
- Do you like to read by yourself or with other people?
33. GETTING UP EARLY
- Do you often get up early in the morning?
- What do you usually do when you get up early?
- Do you get up early on weekends?
- Which morning do you like the best in a week?
- Do you often sing/ Do you often like to sing?
- When do you like to sing?
- How much time do you spend in singing every day?
- What kinds of music do you like to sing?
- Is it difficult to sing well?
- Do you want to be a singer?
- Will you learn singing in the future?
- Did you enjoy singing when you were younger?
35. SITTING DOWN
- Where is your favourite place to sit?
- Do you always sit down for a long time?
- Do you feel sleepy when you are sitting down?
- When you were a kid, did you usually sit on the floor?
- Do you recycle things? why?
- Did you recycle when your were a child?
- Will you recycle in the coming future?
- What kind of things do you recycle?
37. SMS/TEXT MESSAGING
- Do you like texting?
- Do you prefer sending or receiving messages?
- Have you ever received a confusing text message?
- In what circumstances is making a phone call better than sending an SMS?
- Do you like sports? / Are you interested in sports?
- What sports do you like?
- Do most people in your country like sports?
- What benefits do you think sports have?
- How often do you look at yourself in the mirror every day?
- Have you ever bought mirrors?
- Would you use Mirrors to decorate rooms?
- Do you check yourself when you decide to buy a mirror?
- What is tDo you wear a watch?
- Have you ever got a watch as a gift?
- Why do some people wear expensive watches?
- Do you think it is important to wear a watch? Why?
- ADo you have a talent or something you are good at?
- Was it mastered recently or when you were young?
- Do you think your talent can be useful for your future work? Why?
- Do you think anyone in your family has the same talent?
42. OLD BUILDINGS
- Have you ever seen some old buildings in the city?
- Do you think we should preserve old buildings in cities?
- Do you prefer living in an old building or a modern house?
- Are there any old buildings you want to see in the future? Why?
43. MEETING PLACES
- Where is your favourite place to meet your friends?
- Do you think there are some places more suitable for meeting with others?
- Are there any differences between your favourite meeting places in the present and in your childhood?
- Why is some meeting places better than others?
44. EVENING TIME
- Do you like the morning or evening?
- What do you usually do in the evening?
- What did you do in the evening when you were little? Why?
- Are there any differences between what you do in the evening now and what you did in the past?
- In what conditions would you use a computer?
- When was the first time you used a computer?
- What would your life be like without computers?
- In what conditions would it be difficult for you to use a computer?
46. COLLECTING THINGS
- Do you collect things?
- Are there any things you keep from childhood?
- Would you keep old things for a long time? Why?
- Where do you usually keep things you need?
47. BORING THINGS
- What kinds of things are boring to you?
- What do you do when you feel bored?
- What was the most boring thing you did when you were young?
- Do you think school is boring?
- Are you interested in watching TV advertisements or internet advertisements?
- What kinds of advertisements do you dislike?
- Do you share advertisements with others?
- Do you want to work in advertising in the future?
- Do you like to watch films?
- Do you prefer foreign films or Indian films?
- How often do you go to the cinema to watch a movie?
- Do Indian people like to go to the cinema to watch a film?
Start your Speaking test with full confidence and give it your all on the test day. Try to give crisp and direct answers in Speaking Part-1. Practice topics that are related to your work, home, family, neighbourhood etc. Talking about yourself should be easy as the vocabulary and topics are mostly familiar to you.
Yes, IELTS Speaking Part-1 is marked alongside other parts of the test. The examiner will grade you on four things– fluency and coherence, lexical resource, grammatical range and accuracy, and pronunciation. In each of those segments, you’ll get a band score from 0 to 9.
IELTS Speaking usually lasts for about 3-4 minutes.
Follow this article to know how the IELTS Speaking test is marked by the examiner.
IELTS Speaking Part-1 Sep to Dec 2022 Topics Questions/Answers PDF Download
I hope our fully solved Latest Makkar IELTS Speaking Part-1 Topics (Sep to Dec 2022) Questions and answers free PDF download compilation will help you boost your language proficiency.
The answers to the topics shared above are created by our team of language experts. If you want to read the answers written by the author, we’d recommend you buy this marvellous ebook.
Download the latest IELTS Makkar Sep-Dec 2022 ebook (pdf) on Instamojo and support the author.
Also note that, this site or its owners are not approved, affiliated or endorsed by the Makkar IELTS.
To know more about the test, including Speaking Part 1 tips/strategies, check out our Speaking Section. If you have any questions, please write them in the comments below or join the conversation on our Youtube Channel.
All The Best !