Last updated on March 8th, 2022 at 05:11 am
IELTS Speaking Part 2 – Describe a resolution you made in the new year cue card and follow ups with band 7-9 answers
You should say:
- What is the resolution?
- How will you complete it?
- How do you feel about it?
- Why you made this resolution?
9 Band Answer
Let’s dive into the ‘Describe a resolution you made in the new year’ IELTS cue card (2022) with Band 7-9 sample answers & Follow up questions:
Introducing a new year resolution
New Year is the beginning of new ambition, skill, education and most importantly, the new hope for most of us. So today, I would love to talk about my new year resolution which I am hoping to follow for the rest of the year.
What is the resolution?
- After a lot of introspection, I came up with this resolution of losing weight.
- In 2020-21, I broke up with dieting due to countrywide lockdowns.
- This is because sitting like a couch potato at home for longer hours made me overweight.
How will you complete it?
- I’m not sure whether I’ll be able to complete it, but with some blind belief, I have taken this resolution.
- Losing weight means changing up my routine. So I’ll cook healthier foods at home and head to the gym every day.
- Also, I have told all my friends to remind me whenever they feel like I am about to break my resolution.
- Next week, I have set a meeting with the fitness expert. He will suggest some realistic weekly weight loss goals, like two pounds a week.
- So, these are some things on my plate right now.
How do you feel about it?
- I feel that this resolution is an uphill task, but I am determined this time.
- I have always been the kind of person who would eat at Tim Hortons rather than cook food at home.
- Thus, I think that a weight loss resolution can bring a positive turn of events in my life.
Why you made this resolution?
- I made this ‘weight loss’ resolution because I most certainly need a lifestyle change.
- Also, When you struggle with weight, you often hear comments from people. Now I am tired of all their taunts and want to give them a befitting reply.
- Harsh comments from those people will only push me to work towards my weight loss resolution.
Concluding the cue card
In the end, I would say that there are no shortcuts for weight loss or any other new year resolution. We have to stay consistent for the whole 365 days for the desired meaningful change.
7-8 Band Answer
A New Year’s resolution is a promise to yourself that you will change something about your life. Additionally, the new year makes people contemplate the future. One common way for doing this is making new year goals. I have made numerous resolutions in the past, just to break them a couple of weeks later.
But, this year I have kept a goal that I believe is more reasonable and I ought to have the option to accomplish it. My goal is about staying healthy. To get me in shape, I have concluded that I will need to do a lot of brisk walking every week. What’s more, I have chosen to reduce my calorie intake and shelve the carbonated beverages from my diet which is a herculean task for me.
To stick to my resolution, I have installed a fitness tracker on my phone. This application will give me regular updates on the status of my health. Moreover, I can also share my daily achievements with other fitness junkies through this app.
It has a great user-friendly interface. So far, I have connected with a few people in my neighbourhood with similar new year resolutions. I think being healthy is one of the main aspects of our life and still, we overlook it. That’s why I made a resolution this time.
I feel rejuvenated every day while working towards my new year resolution. It provides me with a feeling of achievement and removes the stress from life. I am confident of keeping this resolution until the end of this year.
Describe a resolution you made in the new year Follow up questions
IELTS Speaking Part-3 Describe a resolution you made in the new year follow up questions will be updated soon.
SOME RECENTLY ASKED CUE CARDS:
Join our IELTS community: Subscribe our Youtube channel ▷
FREE STUDY MATERIAL TO ACHIEVE BAND 7+ IN IELTS:
I hope it gives you some realistic idea on how to carry a conversation around Describe a resolution you made in the new year IELTS Cue card topic. However, it is strongly advised not to reproduce the same answer during a speaking examination, as it may be used by many of our readers on the site. You should rather reformulate and personalise your answer.
If you still have any doubts, post them in the comments.
ALL THE BEST !